"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Monday, March 08, 2004

Home sweet home.

Mom and I went to the mall straight from the airport on Saturday to get some stuff from Victoria's Secret. I am not a fan of the things in there, but since she has a $10.00 off card, she wanted to buy something... We ended up buying myself new summer pajamas (100% cotton, of course) that has cherries on a grayish background and a couple 100% cotton underwears (one with bright apple green stripes). I actually didn't want to buy any underwears, but she insisted...sigh. We'll let her have her way then.

Got back home... I didn't do anything on Saturday afternoon, except SLEEP. I slept until 6ish when Yee got back from school. Ha. That made my head feel really heavy and dizzy from sleeping too much.

Yee, Christina, Wodka, and I went to a show that same night to listen to some local bands playing in our tiny town. It was quite interesting watching the moshing pit forming and dispersing. Yes, a moshing pit where people were pushing, pulling, and bumping into one another. Everything blended together, the rhythm with the swirling motion, the sweat and the humid hot air, people's faces and the music. They all blurred together under the neon red light. You could hardly tell who is who and what the bands were singing. The vibration from the bass spread across the floor and crept up through the sweaty bodies... Your heart could literally feel the vibration of the bouncing floor and the bass... The bodies move unconsciously with the beats of the music. hm... It was quite an experience, a new experience that I had never had before. I was pretty impressed with the Cujo, in which most of the band members are from my class... The trumpets were pretty good... Very creative, I'd say. I was quite glad that the building was sturdy enough not to crash under the high volume and motion from the people... glad nobody got hurt from the moshing pit either. The show ended at 11pm.

Saturday night before the show, there was a small ceremony for my coming up 20th birthday. Mom put the symbolic diamond (birthstone)/platinum ring on my finger as a way to celebrate the big day... it's a family traditioin. Yesterday, she gave me a new bracelet and a new watch... I am so spoiled when I am at home... It's her way of showing her love/care to me on top of all the other things that she does for me. When I told her that she didn't really have to get all these stuff for me, she sort of shrugged her shoulders and said, "Oh, it's nothing. It's all worth it." If I didn't accept these things, she is not going to be happy. I'll let her enjoy her happiness in her way.

Chicago trip might be moved back to the week after Easter weekend as a way to save some extra money from next year's CSC and as a way to make sure everyone would be able to go. We'll see how that goes... Hopefully everything will turn out ok. (finger crossed).

perplexed mind... i'll ignore it and go on with the studying... really don't have too much energy and time to worry about other aspects of life.

No comments: