One exam done, two more to go on Monday.
Yesterday, as I walked back through the "sacred land" from the Union back to the main library, I saw 6 grey squirrels gathered on one piece of the lawn digging their food and eating happily. I had the impulse of sitting down and joining them. You don't see 6 squirrels out all at once eating their lunch at 2PM in winter, but they do in spring. Spring is here. Spring is the best season in the whole entire year. I like the smell of freshness, the blue sky, the baby green leaves of the trees and the grass, and basically the idea of "life."
If you ever pass by the international center, don't forget to look at the pictures on the wall. There are this great picture of a cathedral in France, a picture of a girl sitting and thinking in a dark alley, and a picture of a guy walking in the dessert. My favorite three pictures in the international center. I like the first one, because it is Janelle's great artwork... She's really a Renaissance woman if you want to put it that way. She's pretty good a playing the piano/flute, good at writing, top in her major, very good in French, and she has a wonderful personality. She knows a lot... The 2nd picture is probably the best out of the three... As soon as you look at the photo, you will start to wonder why the girl is sitting there by herself and what exactly is she thinking about. You don't know, yet you want to know. You want to figure out why she's there with her head looking sideway and down... The lighting of that picture is also quite amazing... It has this sad and mysterious aura around it. The third picture shows you the greatness of this earth...the vast boundariless dessert, and a person is walking on it alone all by himself. Where is he going? Why is he carrying all the stuff with him? Perhaps he is going home with all the goods that he had brought from a big city. Perhaps he is going to the city to sell the goods from home. Maybe he is leaving to start a new life. How is he going to know where to go and what direction to go? There is always something to appreciate about in life.
Tonight, I have decided not to go to CCF. Instead, I am going to be studying for my microbiology and physiology exams on Monday...
No comments:
Post a Comment