"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Friday, April 28, 2006

One of the oldest human needs is having someone to wonder where you are when you don't come home at night. -Margaret Mead, anthropologist (1901-1978)

I think for me, it is the other way around. one of the biggest human worries is wondering where my loved ones are when they don't come home at night.

just a thought.

-----------------------------------------------------
Our 100-year-old A.S. was really sleepy two days ago. She entered into slumber at around 10:30AM when most of the people went to Memories in the Making class. By the time I got back, my coworker and I were trying to put her in bed so she would be able to sleep better. She was sliding off the couch as she sleeps, and we were really worried of her accidentally sliding off the couch or falling by accident. When we tried to wake her, she told us to stop pestering her and let her sleep the way she was. (lol). She was waving her old and wrinkled hands, shooing us away. I was sitting on her left side with my arm behind her head and the pillow, trying to straighten her us, so we could bring her to her room on a wheelchair. Instead, she turned to me and began to fluff the pillows around her, including my belly which she mistakenly thought was one of her pillows. It was SO CUTE... By the time she thought her pillows were fluffed enough, she was snuggling with me. (LOL.) She was so adorable, just like a little child who wants to sleep in a little more under the mother's shelter. Sigh... I wish I was able to capture all on a camera. It would be a good memory to remember...

No comments: