what a weekend! pei went out and partied on friday/saturday
shine invited me to go clubbing with her and her friends. so a bunch of us, about 7 girls and 1 guy (grant) went to a bar in embacardero (I think). I drank something called san francisco lemonade, which others thought tasted like regular lemonade (their taste buds must be weird...) Anyhow... We sat there for like an hour, but I had to drank half of my glass in 15 minutes....because we were running late to the club. The result of that was me loosing coordination. Ha. I can tell you now that I cannot drink. People's chattering became a background noise. I was trying to drink water to dilute the alcohol in my stomach, and at the same time, eating mash potato...but I guess it was all too late. I was trying to drink water from the glass (not from a straw), but unfortunately, I kept tilting the glass too much and the water kept going not only to my mouth but to my nose and around my mouth. I ended up spilling some water on my jeans. It was really funny in a sense (if you look at it from a 3rd person point of view), but scary in another sense... The effect of the alcohol was really immediate... I am just really glad that I was with shine who didn't drink and couldn't drink that day, because she made sure i was okay. I laughed all the way to the car from the bar because I thought it was funny that I kept spilling water on myself (go figure).
Anyhow, I gained my coordination back in 30 minutes or so...or at least the ground seemed to be more even and leveled after 30 minutes...
then we just danced at a club. It was an interesting experience... The music was really loud. I thought my ears were going to go deaf afterwards. I danced for at least 2 hours straight on 3-inch highheels... Then my knees sore, so I decided to sit on the side and just waited for the girls and the guys (another group of shine's friends joined us at the club). It was fun as long as strangers were farther than half of an arm length away from me. I did not like the humid smell of the cologn plus sweat around me... Every time that smell came too close to me, i dodged away, dancing into the circle of friends.
I stayed over at shine's place.
Yesterday (saturday), shine and i went to the cherry blossom festival at japan town. we had some good food. I had a JUMBO green tea icecream cone, which was consisted of 3 tennis ball size scoops of green tea icecream. Guess what? I ate it all! I had soo much icecream that I didn't feel like eating dinner until 9pm. Then, shine, karen, annie, and I went to Union street shopping/window shopping. It was a nice place to go take an afternoon stroll... I wish charlie was there too.
Today... i didn't do much other than the regualar chores. it's a slow paced relaxing day for me... i even took a nap! :)
---------------------------------------------------
mm...
here is a good quote worth thinking about
The question why there is evil in existence is the same as why there is imperfection... But this is the real question we ought to ask: Is this imperfection the final truth, is evil absolute and ultimate? -Rabindranath Tagore, poet, philosopher, author, songwriter, painter, educator, composer, Nobel laureate (1861-1941)
is evil absolute and ultimate?
i personally think not. Yes there are evil and imperfection, but they are inevitable. This world is filled with all kinds of people... But how do we deal with evil and imperfection? Do we complain and whine constantly? Do we accept them? Or do we do something to change evil and imperfection? Or can we even change the way we look at things so that evil and imperfection may not seem so bad but just a part of this world?
No comments:
Post a Comment