Today is the 2nd day of orientation at UVM College of Medicine. I got to meet some new people, and they are really fun to hang out with. I am sure that I will just be fine here. It is a very interesting feeling. I felt the same way when I was in London doing my study abroad work. Everything is so new. Everyone (or at least so far the ones I've met) seems open and friendly, and most importantly, open to trying out new things.
Today, my mom left Vermont for San Francisco. I was really sad to see her go...because I don't really know when will be the next time I see her. I don't think I will be able to see her during the winter break, since she's going to be in Taiwan (supposedly) and I will probably be in Brazil. I guess...I will see her again on my White Coat Ceremony (now moved to February). I really hope that she'll be able to come.
My roommate is just fine, but I feel like I need to get to know her more. I've been living with her for the last hmm....4-5 days, but I feel like that I am still living with a stranger. Maybe she's just as reserved as I am, if not less... I certainly hope that we will become friends in the upcoming year.
Today, I also got my FAHC ID card. It says, "Pei Chen, Medical Student." I guess I am officially a real medical student, despite the fact that I feel like I am still a college student. lol. strange...huh...
Lots of things are happening this week.
Let's see how many people's name I can remember w/ their faces...
jenny, mai, david, john, elena (of course, duh!), shihim (not sure if i spelled it correctly), dilip (spelling?), gladys, alice, hmm......i feel like I know more...oh, jeff, maggie, and some others...
I guess i'll be back....i have about 20 minutes or so before my MSLG group meeting
No comments:
Post a Comment