"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Friday, February 02, 2007

ah...

it's a shame that I don't write anymore. I am taking a break from studying... Only have 40 minutes before my clinical skills.

Life is going okay. Nothing much is new. There are a lot of materials to learn for Attack and Defense, but I really like the subject matter. It makes me want to be an allergy doctor doctor or a infectious disease doctor even though I know my favorite group of people is still the elderly. My final exam is next Friday, which means I will be studying a lot this weekend.

Mom is going to be here in a week or so. I am very excited about it. She needs to help me with some life stuff...

Sometimes, I feel that time is going by too fast. I've been in medical school for over a semester now... In two weeks, I will be given the white coat, a step closer to my dream career. However, I don't feel adequate enough to accept the coat. There are still so many things that I don't know or many things that I only know superficially. To me, the coat embodies power and knowledge, but I am not ready to receive that power nor am I knowledgeable enough. I have so many things that I've yet to learn, and I often wonder how much I actually retain after the courses end. Sometimes, I feel that I don't really remember much... Who gives me the say in telling patients what they have?

hmm...

No comments: