"Dreams"

Hold fast to dreams/ For if dreams die/ Life is a broken-winged bird/ That cannot fly.// Hold fast to dreams/ For when dreams go/ Life is a barren field/ Frozen with snow. Langston Hughes

Monday, March 12, 2007

yesterday was my fourth time going to montreal... since V and I've been to montreal several times, we decided to explore a different part of town w/ J and her friend, K. We had dim sum in Chinatown, and walked into Old Montreal in search for some Ramesay's house...an old governor's mansion that's supposedly really nice inside. It took us a couple of hours to walk through the place, reading the little blurbs about the historical artifacts, and discussing about them. We saw a couple of things related to medicine, such as the enema syringe, a book on cholera, some masks and things the Natives used, etc. They also had a special exhibition on crime and punishment back a couple hundred years ago. Some of the method they use were pretty cruel and inhumane. Then, we drove to downtown and walked around in the underground city, where a lot of shops and food courts are. We finally decided that we were going to find a nice cozy cafe to sit down and order some desserts, despite the fact that we had plenty to eat during lunch. (J, being a vegetarian, didn't really eat much, and had us eating a lot of hers... we teased her about it the whole time in montreal.) I ordered a chocolate tart, because it looked pretty... as it turned out, the chocolate tart was really really rich and thick. K ordered a chocolate cake; J had a lemon tart; V ordered some Greek yogurt. Right after our afternoon dessert, we walked to a Carribean restaurant and ordered dinner! I felt like I ate constantly yesterday... I had something called ackee and salt fish, supposedly a Jamaican national dish. it ws really good, except they didn't really have an ackee fruit to show me. I was a bit disappointed... So, today I am going to google and wiki that thing to find out what it is in reality...

anyway....i only have time to type so much. i am going to school now. ttyl.

No comments: